Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Was CRAZY

Boy this year has sure been eventful for me... in various ways. Here's just a small run-down off the top of my head:

  • Started the year as a certified sub for 2 school districts (stressful!!!)
  • Got my first campus interview
    • Didn't get the job
  • Emailed school principals all over the state of Texas (again!) like crazy searching for work
    • Got another campus interview
      • Didn't get the job
  • Helped Daughn and Damian move... AGAIN!
  • Dustin turned 3 years old!
  • Conner turned 1 year old!!!
  • Made a heck of a lot of cakes for people for graduations, birthdays, baby showers, etc.
    • And thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • Had a nice summer wasting away several weekends/days at Fiesta Texas with the D3's.
  • Turned 27 and officially started my "late twenties"
  • Added Special Education (all level) certification
  • Still didn't get a teaching job
    • But got a Special Aide job.
  • LOVE the school I'm working at and that I've become a part of such a great campus family
    • Have made some super new friends, who I intend on building good friendships with over the years!
    • Found out I get to stay there til the end of the school year and that staying in a teacher position next school year is VERY possible!
  • Read all the Twilight Saga in 2-1/2 weeks!
    • Saw the movie and then watched it a million more times due to a burned copy from Stephie!
  • Had a memorable Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
And things I look forward to in 2009:

  • Going to Washington state to visit Forks, La Push, and Port Angeles during the summer.
  • Staying at the campus I work at currently in a teacher position :)
  • Renting a house and being on my own again :)
  • Dating (hopefully someone very Edward Cullen-esque) :)
  • Dustin turning 4 and Conner turning 2!!! :-D
This is just a small list of things that happened and things to come! I hope everyone has a supertastic night tonight (be careful whatever you do!)... and I'll post again in 2009!!!

Peace, Love, Happiness

Kels

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to see you've had such a great year! We will definitely have to meet up. Maybe the night of Jan 4th?

Kels said...

Yes, as long as we're not out too late... I have to be up bright and early the next day at 5am to get ready for work... :(

Albatross said...

Happy New Year. Have fun in the Northwest.