I tried to go to work today... I woke myself up... dragged myself out of bed... and took a shower. Made breakfast and got things ready for the day... then dragged myself to the school.
When I woke up this morning, my throat felt awful... and I had about half a voice. I knew this wasn't good... when this has happened before, it usually means I have strep throat. ICK! So, after people saw me this morning, they promptly asked me to leave because they didn't want to get sick as well. I went to the Med Clinic, took me about 1-1/2 hours... not too bad. Turns out I have a sinus infection... additionally I have a strand of strep throat... not the contagious one (thank goodness, I'd miss work for 2 more days if that were the case!)... the Dr. told me I really should've come in last week (oops!) and to not wait so long in the future because it could travel into my lungs and I can get Bronchitis... and additionally from that I could get Pneumonia (I don't want either, so I've learned my lesson!) SO... after $50 for the "urgent care" and another $90 for Rx... (yeah... an antibiotic and 2 different nasal sprays along with some mucinex)... POKE A FORK IN ME, I'M DONE! Even though I don't like having to shell out all that money (and it would have been MUCH MORE without medical insurance), it would be worse if I let myself get sicker than just a sinus infection.
I came home, had some soup, and dozed off after taking my butt loads of medicine. Incidentally, I'm feeling better already. My voice is even coming back... although, I don't know what the morning will hold for me as far as that's concerned. But now I entirely plan on laying on the couch and taking it easy... and hopefully tomorrow won't be as terrible a day as today surely would have been if I had chosen to "tough it out."
I hope no one else is this sick, although I know it's been going around with the crazy allergies and the weather here in TX as of late (all these freezing mornings, and warm, sunny afternoons are KILLING my knee... and apparently my sinuses!)
No comments:
Post a Comment