Friday, April 17, 2009

'Where in the world' is Kels...?

I've just been plain busy. And I've been tired. When you put these two things together, you get someone who comes home, eats a snack, does some "activity" like yoga, etc., and then takes a nap until dinner. This leaves little time to shoot the breeze on a blog. Until the weekend, of course.

I'm just feeling drained... physically more than emotionally. Although, after Easter day with my family, I felt REALLY emotionally drained. Every single family member there asked if I had a teaching contract for next year yet. My answer: no. "Well, when will you get one?!?" My answer: I don't know. I had to start trying to be inventive in how I answered no, and I don't know. It's like each of them didn't understand the language I was speaking. It's still a bit early... and honestly I may not hear something until June or July. That's the scary part. I whole-heartedly hope that I hear something by the end of this school year, but I just don't know for sure. Just like I'm really hoping to get a position at my campus, but I don't know. I work really hard, I try really hard to give 150% all the time... and a lot of the time I think I'm doing so much stuff that isn't seen... that it's not even realized that I'm the one doing it. At the same time, I'm not going to make a big deal about pointing out all that I do because then it looks like I'm fishing... and I'm not. I just like keeping busy, and I like helping out the people I work with as much as I can.

I'm just hoping and praying that this year will finally be the year I get a position! Please, Dear Lord... hear what I'm asking for. Now I entirely plan on going to bed soon because I'm tired. It was a long week, and the next couple won't be any treat, either! Although, at least we have Friday off next week for Battle of Flowers day. But the day before is a field trip to the Planetarium... I'm just hoping my kid doesn't freak out about anything and run off!!! :( I don't think his mom will be joining us this time.

No comments: