Thursday, December 31, 2009

From My Deathbed

The title is what I would've used had I written this post 2 days ago. I got a NASTY case of Sinusitis that started on Friday night... oh... what... fun. :( I know what caused it... stupid Mountain Cedar pollen... gets me every year... but this year it was earlier than normal (of course, sleeping with my windows open didn't help). Anyhow, I'm pretty good about using my sinus rinse and everything, but this time it just DIDN'T help at all. Tuesday I really and truly thought I was going to die. I could barely even move or breathe without the entire left side of my face pounding in pain. It was terrible. Then yesterday I woke up and felt like a normal person. It was strange... last night I felt everything that had been on my left side clogging up my right side... then this morning I went and used my sinus rinse and it was evident that the Mucinex D I've been taking since Monday morning had done it's job... I'll leave it at that and not go into the colorful details of how it was evident... just let your imagination do the work on that!

Anyhow, I'm TRULY bummed that my vacation was virtually ruined by sickness... I had less time with friends in town from L.A.... I had less time with my bestie... I missed her hubby's 35th birthday dinner last night (although I did make it over to Ricky's house to visit with him before he left town today for L.A.)... I am glad I didn't have to use up days of work being sick (especially since I'm using a day and a half to head outta town in March!) BUT JEEZ!!!!

Now I'm even less ready to head back to work next week. Oh well, at least we get a 3 day weekend pretty quickly... that will be nice! Thank you Dr. M.L. King jr. for giving us educators a little break before Spring Break... :) I just had a nice lunch of leftover chicken tikka masala that Shrey made, and I'm quite happy about that... now I'm going to watch more Ghost Lab as there's a marathon on Discovery Channel today! :-D

1 comment:

Albatross said...

Mucinex -- I haven't quite figured out if I think the commercials for this product are disturbingly disgusting or brilliant for their ability to adequately demonstrate what it does without being completely gross.