Last week I went to Port Aransas, TX with my family for a family vacation. We were there 7 days and it was FANTABULOUS! :) Just not long enough. However, I'm glad to be back home... and even though I have like 4 loads of laundry to do, I'm glad I can relax at home. This morning I went to the grocery store not really intending to grab a lot of stuff, but I ended up buying a lot of "summer food" such as frozen pizza, taquitos, and other scrumptious items. I've been sleeping in til at least 8:30 every day (which is GREAT) and I'm looking forward to hitting up Splashtown and Fiesta Texas a lot this summer. I am determined to not be as pale-legged as in the past after this summer passes! haha
Things this month I'm looking forward to: Moving AGAIN! Making curtains for my classroom to cover various areas in there (shelves and such), making book cases with my dad for in my classroom, painting/decorating those book cases, possibly making some storage things for the kids in my class, going to the teacher stores and buying some pocket charts and stuff for the class!
2 comments:
That's a lot of seaweed at the beach, ain't it? This year is the worst I've seen it in a long time.
My dad inquired about it with the manager of the condos we always stay at. Apparently, the county/city has changed the way they operate the dozer to grate the beach of seaweed. I don't know when you were there, but if you noticed, the beach was grated to a certain point... apparently the city of Corpus Christi's city limits go in between La Mirage and Gulf Shores. So, they will grate from Hwy 361 to where that point is... which is really only like, 1/3 of the beach towards Port Aransas. My dad is planning on writing Nueces County and the delegate for that region about how this will surely effect income for Port Aransas, because tourists will go elsewhere. It's not like there being jellyfish in the water... you can't control that... but stuff that has washed ashore... there's something that can be done about that. Not to mention, due to the seaweed being piled up the way it was, cars had to drive further over into the loose sand; we saw a total of 10 trucks/cars get stuck and have to be towed out!
Post a Comment