While on vacation I started Water for Elephants. I finished it in 2 days, it was a GREAT book. Now I'm going to see the movie this week because it's playing at our theater here in town that runs movies about 3 weeks later than all the others. I don't know if it'll still be out after Thursday, so I'm going to see it sometime before then. I started reading The Hunger Games late Saturday night and it's been great so far. I would've probably finished it today, but I got preoccupied in getting plans together to do some cleaning here at the house.
I'm going to move to the bigger bedroom because I will be getting my new memory foam mattress this week, and I got a queen. Not a LOT bigger than the full size bed I currently have, but enough that it'd make a difference in the shoebox-sized room I'm currently living in. So, I am weeding things out of my closets and drawers because the closet is smaller in the other room.
I've also decided to upgrade my CPU a bit. It's just been sitting in that room because I do not have it connected to the internet; now that I have the WiFi going in my parents' house, I decided to go ahead and get a USB network adapter for my computer and hook it to the internet that way. I'm going to upgrade and get a flat panel monitor and could possibly update the RAM (haven't decided on that yet). I'm also still considering upgrading to Windows Vista or Windows 7. Don't know if I want to shell out the money just yet... it will run fine with XP for now... maybe I'll wait until the price comes down a bit on Windows. :)
So, I'm all set... and in the middle of all of this, I'm doing laundry and re-packing my bag for CANADA! :-) I leave Saturday morning and come back Weds night. I'm SUPER excited to see Rick... I've missed him so much. I talk to him frequently on the phone so it's not like I haven't talked to him, but I haven't gotten to give him a hug or sit in the same room with him since December 2009! :( LONG overdue to see him!
I didn't take pictures at the beach; with a 3.5 year old running around constantly, I don't always remember to get out my camera. I did however take a couple pics with my phone. Maybe I'll put them up after a while... but honestly, I'm so focused on trying to get everything done this week that I want to get done, I probably won't remember!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment