Sunday, January 10, 2010

A little bummed

I'm beginning to realize I don't have very many single gal friends anymore. One of my closest friends is married with a 4.5 year old. I love her to death. She's really more like a sister. But she's been so busy with her little family the past couple months, I hardly ever see her. So my next go-to is my other long-term bestie... but she's now in a relationship... which surely means she will be more and more distant over the next few months. And where I am left? Alone. My other really good best friend is now living in Canada. In Toronto, Canada to be exact... which is REALLY far from Texas. I don't just want a boyfriend that will close the gap. I mean, I would like a boyfriend period. I think I'm finally ready for it... now that I've completely come to terms with someone else in my life not being there anymore, that is. Anyhow, I want a boyfriend that I can do things with my group of friends... but what do I do when my group of friends is dwindling away? Sometimes I feel like the only time I get with my best friend nowadays is when she's running errands and I can tag along for a bit. But you can't really have a meaningful conversation during that time. Maybe I'm just being silly and hormonal... but I really and truly miss it all. There was a time when I spent EASILY 3 nights a week hanging out with her and her little family... and now I'm doing good to see them once or twice a month. It's depressing.. and I'm depressed.

1 comment:

kate said...

I've felt much the same way in the past few months. I'm surrounded by people that have kids/husbands/fiances... and I just feel on the outside.