Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received

Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received

Well, I have more than one (so sue me!). A few years ago as a belated Christmas gift, my Grandma gave me my Grandpa's old recliner. Is it attractive and gorgeous...? Not really; at least it's not in my taste for decorating. But it was the place he was most happy to be in his last years of life as he was suffering with cancer. He hasn't been in my life since Dec 1. 1992, but I dearly miss him and treasure this particular item. Since I am currently at my parents' saving money so I can possibly buy a home, it's here with me. Oddly my cat, Mozart, loves it and it's not uncommon to find her snoozing in it. I will be taking it with me and putting it in a spare bedroom next to my collection of books/library when I move.

This will seem so incredibly corny, and make me seem like a mini Martha Stewart; and I'm okay with that! But the best gift I've gotten recently is actually a Christmas/birthday present from my best friend for this year and she gave it to me before Thanksgiving knowing I'd want to use it. :) She got me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. This will seem stupid, but I swear it mixed a better cake! lol I love it! I've been wanting one for about 7 years, and would not justify buying one for an apartment or w/o a place to store it. But since it looks like I'll be getting out on my own by the summer, she felt she would do what I wouldn't do for myself. :)

That's it for this one...! On to the next day!

No comments: