Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 9: Favorite Holiday recipe

I didn't forget... I just wanted to be able to do this closer to when Christmas rolls around... :) So, here's DAY 9-Favorite Holiday Recipe

I love baking cookies and I have a couple holiday favorites. One of them is my peppermint swirl cookies. I used the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix, however, the recipe isn't as followed on the package, it has cream cheese in it instead of some of the wet ingredients. Then you half out the dough and color half red, then the half that stays "white" gets a good splash of peppermint extract. :) YUM YUM YUM! You can either form them into candy canes, or you can blend the two colors together w/ropes of dough and cut them so they look like peppermint swirls.

My other holiday cookie favorite is actually not exclusive to the holidays, but I usually only make them for the holidays. It calls for chocolate cake mix, you don't mix it like a cake mix, and then you can either add chocolate chips (for double chocolate) or my fav, HEATH BAR TOFFEE CRUNCH pieces. YUM! They're sooo good! Look for Day 10 next!

Day 1: Christmas/Holiday traditions
Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks
Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received
Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season
Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want?)
Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
Day 9: Favorite Holiday recipe
Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Caroles
Day 11: New Year Resolutions
Day 12: Show us your decorations (indoor/outdoor)
Day 13: Favorite Cookie Recipe
Day 14: Oprah's Favorite

No comments: