Yup... we're in a tornado watch. Several areas of town have reported small tornadic action going on... including our little city within a city (read on... near the end I mention the damage so far).
This brings back memories from about 5 years ago... I was home alone... my parents had gone out of town for the day for a business function thru my Dads job. It had been raining cats and dogs and I was worried as it was... but I got a lot more worried when I could hear a "swirling, whistling wind" as I referred to it outside. I called my brother FREAKING out because I didn't know what to do! He told me to go to a bathroom... I explained all the bathrooms in this house have windows...!!!! "Go to the most central part of the house!," he screamed. I told him that it was a closet in the hallway and that it was FULL! Not only was I scared for me, but I was scared that my parents were on the road on their way back home. It finally passed over after what seemed like a lifetime but was really just about 15-20 minutes. When my parents got back home I explained what happened, and they thought I was crazy! It couldn't have been a tornado... what was I thinking? This is San Antonio, TX!!! But sure enough when my Dad drove down Walzem Rd. the next morning going to I-35 to go to work, he could see a definite path of destruction... that was curvy and random and all over the place! My mom went walking in the neighborhood.... and a LOT of random houses in a crooked trailwalk had lots of roof/gutter damage and there was trash and such all over the place.
Today maybe they'll get to know what I was talking about... the candle on top of the water tower here in Windcrest has already been blown off! And everyone tried to make me think that I was crazy! At least since then we've figured out where we will seek shelter in a time like this... I'm putting all the animals in there with us!!! lol (I don't think my parents know that part of the plan!)
No comments:
Post a Comment