Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kelsie it's your birthday.... Happy Birthday, Kelsie...

I'm one year older,
one year wiser,
Rock and Roll Star,
King, Czar, and a Kaiser
A roomful of friends,
a mouthful of cake
Every present is for me and
it feels pretty great!
I'm the woman of the hour,
the V-I-P!
I get the first slice
of the P-I-E...
Now I'll blow out the candles and make a wish...
PUT A SMILE ON
'CAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, BITCH!

LOL (That's from Sealab2021...) Every year SOMEONE gets that sent as a message/comment/email... I love it because it's hilarious!

I don't really have any plans today... I think we're going to Red Lobster tonight... it's my favorite restaurant... When I turned 23 and my parents and I went, I tried lobster tail for the first time. It's okay... I prefer shrimp...! Anyhow, not much else is up today... we're *kind of* having a barbecue on Saturday... "for my birthday" but not really... because my Dad ended up inviting a bunch of people I wasn't anticipating him inviting over... and thus... now it's definitely NOT for my birthday and it's just turned into a family thing :( This will be awkward because close friends were invited and initially told it was to celebrate my bday... and now I'm having to go back and say, "nevermind... it's just a bbq!" This is one of the many things that A) frustrates me about my dad... and B) frustrates me about living here... because if I were on my own, I would've just planned my own thing that they would've been invited to... without the option to bring 12-15 guests...!

Anyhow, I'm still waiting to hear back about my interview (tomorrow will be 2 weeks)... I hope that if it's going to be bad news, I don't hear anything until after today.... the way certification is now here in TX though, he probably suspects my birthday is in July sometime... our certification expires at the end of the month of our birthday (in my case, July 2011... but since he has a copy of my certification... then he would know my bday is in July). Plus, honestly, he has ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to let me know... I wouldn't have to report to the school until like, Aug. 11th.

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to leave you a note yesterday, but I seriously spent the whole afternoon/evening laying on the couch with a heating pad!

So happy birthday!! Even if it is a day late. :)