Thursday, March 5, 2009

May I just say...

That I am completely, utterly, wholly ready for Spring Break to start! I can make it 1 more day, right?! :( I'll update when I get home... lots has been going on!

***Update***

This is coming later than promised, but it's been a SUPER busy time! I'm working one-on-one again ya know...? And I'm trying to figure out why one minute he's totally normal and happy-go-lucky... and the next he wants to A) die/kill himself, B) kill someone else, C) just be outright defiant without provocation! Thursday my kiddo had a SUPER day... he got a 100 on his spelling test AND on his behavior chart for the day! I let him go to the prize box and he was really proud of himself, and I was proud of him, too! Friday he came to school a little late, and had a good morning... then he decided to play dodgeball instead of volleyball during PE and was using the other students as moving targets! He sat out. Then he came back to class, got right to work and cranked out a 2 page "friendly letter!" What...the...heck?! Then he didn't want to go to lunch, tried running off while in transit, and finally ended up in ISS for a 1/2 day because he punched someone in the face. Why, you might ask? Not because they said or did something to him... just because he wanted to. That's my work life... it's been hectic and crazy...!

Lastly, Dustin's 4th birthday is tomorrow!!! It's THE DUSTIN 4th00!!! We're going to have a blast...! Because of this I've been SUPER busy, because I'm making 2 black/white checkered flags out of CUPCAKES for his party. Each flag has 40 cupcakes! So I've been really busy making icing and coloring some black and all... and it's just been busy! In addition I FINALLY made an appointment to have Max fixed. I'm taking him to SNAP (Spay Neuter Assistance Program) on Thursday. They offer reduced price rates for services, and some qualify for free services. So I'm able to get him neutered for $50... which is about half of what I would've paid my regular family vet! I'm glad I was able to schedule it during my Spring Break!!!

And about my Spring Break, Kate... I'm NOT happy it's so early. I mean, I did need a break now that I've been working with this new kiddo... but I would've MUCH rather ours have been scheduled 2 weeks from now because it'll be a LOOONG time til we have another day off or 1/2 day or anything! :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you're on spring break now. Ours isn't until April aaaaand it's being cut short by two days because we've had snow days. BLAH.