Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Break, and other things...

Well, I'm on Spring Break... and I'm enjoying it quite a bit! I've pretty much caught up on my DVR stuff (YAY!) and started off my break with a busy weekend. Dustin's 4th birthday party was Sunday... I agreed a while back to make cake for it. So, Thursday and Friday I spent my evenings making icing. I made a total of 5 batches (4 white, and 1 colored black) I was going to be icing nearly 100 cupcakes shaping them as 2 black/white checkered racing flags. I'm happy to say that they turned out REALLY great!



We had a blast! His NASCAR birthday was a big hit, and the kids all had a great time racing the course Damian mapped out in the power wheels that were there! One of his Tball teammates (the only girl) even wore a hot pink racing outfit! lol It was adorable!

So, yesterday (Monday) I spent the day recouperating from the weekend... which was a whole day pretty much comprised of baking cupcakes and then a day doing the party! Monday my internal alarm clock went off bright and early at 6am... I managed to get myself back to sleep...! And then proceeded to nap on and off all day in between watching shows on the DVR and reading my book!

Today my cousin is coming over to play Wii and have dinner with my parents and I! I had initially planned on making chicken parmesan... but he apparently gave up all meat (other than fish/shellfish) for Lent! So, I asked him if homemade pizza would be good, because it's easy to make one veggie! So, here I am... I've mixed my dough... it's in the refridgerator resting. I'll pull it out of the box around 3pm so that it can rest/rise and then I'll get it ready along with the sauce and the pizza stone around 5:30. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! This is my first time using a pizza stone... usually I use pizza pans, but a pizza stone gives a crunchier crust... I'm excited to try it out and hope it bakes well! I even splurged and got fresh mozzarella and basil! haha I'm trying to baby him right now (this is my cuz that's like a baby brother to me... we grew up more like siblings because my mom watched him while his parents worked til he was about in middle school) because he and his girlfriend just split up about a month ago. They had been dating about 3-1/2 years... so he took it hard. She's just not at the same place in life as him (she's about 3 years younger than him... just turned 21). Anyhow... hopefully it'll keep his mind off things... although, he's already talking about dating again! I guess I'm more set in the single life than he is...! I like not dating and all LOL

Anyhow... perhaps I'll take some pics of my pizza later and post them... if I'm proud of it, that is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cupcakes!! Great idea :)

Albatross said...

Wow, doing a pizza from scratch. That's ambitious! I've always cheated and gotten the Boboli crusts. I hope it comes out well, and please give a report.

Kels said...

The best thing was the black icing didn't stain too bad! lol There were a lot of cupcakes left... I have a feeling that when the immediate and extended family (myself included)celebrate on Sunday afternoon, we'll be eating cupcakes for dessert after our fajitas! lol